Saturday, January 8, 2011

Such a geek am I

I remembered that we recently discovered the 3rd season of True Blood on demand, and I hadn't seen it yet(I know, scandal), so guess how late I stayed up???  I have 5 more episodes, and believe me, it was hard to make myself turn the tv off before I could just finish it out and watch the sun come up!  I am loving the story, even though they have ripped it all apart compared to the books, but they have to make it intense and intriguing...so whatevs.  It irritates me that instead of Weres AND shifters, there's just Weres involved in the situation in Jackson, and I also was kinda looking forward to the scene when Alcide helped Sookie unzip the fancy red dress she'd worn to Club Dead(since it was a much more fancy place to go), and they made out for a minute or so...but alas.  At least it's not like those blasphemous Harry Potter films.  I refuse to watch the Deathly Hallows pair.  I'm very happy with the way it was in the book, thank you very much, and I'd rather just remember it that way.  :P

In other news, I'm reading the heck out of Cassandra Clare's "Mortal Instruments" books, because they are awesome.  AND my husband texted me this morning and informed me that the newest House of Night book is out, and I had no idea!!!  BUT I've promised my brother I'll finish the most recent 2 Wheel of Time books(which will take forEVER) before I read anything else.

SO.  Last night...and early morning...I made things, while I watched mah show.  Not gonna show you what, though...cuz some of it is a secret!!  :P
This blogging thing isn't that hard...I used to keep a blog on Myspace, and I was fairly regular about posting. 
Oh, and I've had a special request for this post.  I got a pair of Glee knee socks for Christmas, from the fabulous Lizzy, my best friend in the whole world.  Because she and her husband are 2 of the few people I know IRL that understand my LOVE for that ridiculous, campy, musical show.  Also she gave me a Glee bracelet!!  And, there is a picture...
 And one of the girls, the other night, in the tent.  I'd forgotten I took it.


Heehee, picspam. 
I hope writing every day will get me back into writing shape.  I have always wanted to write a novel, and I need the practice.  My mom has always shoved that "write what you know" crap down my throat(LOL) and all I've ever wanted to write about is werewolves.  How does that work?  I have such bad ADD that I can't ever finish a story, though.  I need to get back to one I started a bit back.  It's a takeoff on Beauty and the Beast, but the beast is a...surprise! Werewolf.  The girl is a school teacher, and the guy is a book shop owner.  They're both adorably shy and nerdy.  I <3 it.  Which is why I need to get back on the writing of it!!!  I used to tag team write, with a friend, when we were in middle school, and that was my favorite time in my life, when it came to writing.  I really want to find another writing buddy, so we can write the story together(similarly to the way Good Omens was written).  It gets finished, that way, since one person can rest while the other writes a section.  AAaanyway.  I need a shower, and food, and to watch 5 more hours of True Blood...and I'm going shopping with my Rachel today.  So, this is me signing off.  Laterzz!

No comments: